Joe Pye, the weed, is falling down, he's so heavy, and the leaves are starting to turn, and it took over a week for the remnants of Irene's rain to finally stop. Hence, the merino wool I dyed several days ago still hasn't dried. It's always a debate; does the sun or low humidity dry fabric faster? Since there was no sun, I put the poles inside hoping the dehumidifiers would soak up all the moisture. They are still damp. Hopefully the sun will come out soon to speed up the process. Yesterday I used the FeltLOOM to felt 1/4 pound merino and silk gauze. Today, in preparation for Julie's wearable art coat, I began my shibori process. I wrapped the felted merino and silk around four more poles, tied them with string, scrunched them tight, soaked each one in 1 part vinegar, 1 part water and a dash of synthrapol so they would better absorb the dye. Another debate; how damp can they still be to not dilute the dye. I always know when they were too damp by how much dripping there is. Another fine line. Sometimes the dripping blends the colors just right. Julie wants the fire sunset color that I used before, only no fuchsia. Fire Sunset is a combination of red, orange and purple. Eliminating pink is tricky since purple contains fuchsia. I added a little violet to the formula. We shall see.