Thursday, October 13, 2011

Black Fire



In preparation for my art opening the theme is Fire.  I'm trying to see how many different ways I can dye fabric, and make art within the concept of Fire. And in some cases I'm trying to see how large a piece of fabric I can make and shibori dye.  This piece of 1/4 pound merino and black devore silk is Nuno Felted on the FeltLOOM, pole wrapped, then shibori dyed in orange, red and purple.  The black side is the silk, the colorful side is the wool. Either side could be considered the "right side"  It started out being 45" by 72".  After felting and fulling the final size is 35" x 64" not including the natural edges which vary in size from 2 to 3 inches. This soft and beautiful piece of fabric can be used as a wrap, a throw, or hung on the wall.   Find it on Etsy     

No comments:

Post a Comment