Friday, January 18, 2013


Lightweight Shibori Alpaca Coat

 
 I shibori dyed two pieces of 44" x 8o" alpaca and merino felted onto silk gauze using the FeltLOOM
There was lots of white, more than I anticipated.  I presoaked the fabric,  before
pole wrapping  then I used one cup each of turquoise, green and blue vinyl sulphon dye mixed according to the instructions at Dharma Trading

As usual, I like the finished piece better than I anticpated.  Hence, again, I remember, it's the colors I choose and the technique that are important.  Then I surrender and take what I get. 
 
In the beginning I didn't want to use my sewing machine but it is so much a part of my past that I wanted to start using it again. The secret for me is to simplify. I decided that I don't have to follow all the rules/instructions! I can improvise and let the fabric guide me. Love the pockets this time! Thank you +Arturo Alonzo Sandoval for being such a great Mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment