Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Wearable Art on the Wall and on the Body

Above: Gallery Photo of wearable art.  A pieced poetry skirt with 10 yard waist band and below it is seen from afar.
I love that I can take my art off the wall, wrap it around me a read my story, The Coffin,  at my Only 2 Years Until My 70th Birthday Party, and that I can pose with my amazing grandsons, Chuck and Avery.

The skirt was created by pole wrapping crepe, charmeuse and devore silk and shibori dying it in a combination 72 colors of shades.

This is the same techniques I use for dying many of my designs, including wool and merino felted to silk and then layered using the FeltLOOM.www.feltloom.com/

Soon, I will have my Etsy store stocked.  That is my New Year's resolution.  In the meantime feel free to email me any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment