Friday, January 30, 2015



Kentucky Crafted, The Market is coming soon.  March 7-8 in Lexington.  This is my favorite time of the year to create new work for my booth.  No. 311.  A little bit I follow trends.  Like orange and blue and turquoise.  But following the seasons is more fun.  And since Truly Wearable Art is a "Power Tool," it can be worn all year, any year, anywhere, when you want to make a statement.  After I Shibori pole wrap the silk or Felted merino wool,  I create palettes to reflect the colors surrounding me.  Palettes that will compliment your wardrobe.  In late winter, aka early spring, I add a little bit of each colors compliment to my formulas as I prepare to drizzle the dye.  I am always amazed at how well the fabrics I dye blend with the natural scenes.  After seeing all the Chihuly installations at Fairfield Gardens a few weeks ago I was inspired by the bright contrasts.  Be Bold, Be Striking. Take the risk to express your self.  It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment