Wednesday, February 11, 2015

". . . Wearable Art Guru."



In a post promoting the upcoming Fantastic Fibers Show for which I am one of the juror's, TAFA, The Textile and Fiber Art List referred to me as "wearable art guru."  What an honor.  Well I guess I do spend a lot of time thinking about, talking about, wearing and creating wearable art.   I am addicted to pleasure.  It's why I make so much art.  Creating gives me pleasure.  It's why I make so much wearable art.  I know that when others wear it they get pleasure, and they receive the added bonus of all the energy that the art carries.

Performing poetry with Larry standing in front of a merino scarf felted on the FeltLOOM gives me pleasure as I wear my Shibori Dyed Poetry Skirt and shawl.  And I love seeing Awa model another one of my wrap around poetry skirts in the LFC Fashion Show.


And most important is when your grandsons come to your poetry reading, listen to you perform and give you a big hug afterwards.  Hence, share your work.  Take the risk.  It's worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment